What to do when someone passes away?

You should inform the family doctor as soon as possible. The doctor may be able to complete the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death upon visiting the home or request that you attend the surgery to collect this.

The staff at the hospice or home will assist you in obtaining the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death.

The general office at the hospital will liaise with the doctors and obtain the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death. You will then be required to collect this from the bereavement office.

Sometimes, the Coroner will need to be informed when a doctor cannot issue the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death. In these circumstances, the Coroner’s office will issue the required certification once a cause of death has been established.

Registering a death

Read More

Making the funeral arrangements

Read More
Funeral Director Sheffield

G & M Lunt Funeral Directors

Here for you when you need us most

Martyn and the team at G & M Lunt are perfectly suited to delivering a truly personal, bespoke service, with great attention to detail. Their friendly approach, dedication to what they do and genuine care for the families they look after means that our client’s expectations are often exceeded.

Please get in touch 0114 274 5508

Return to Arranging a Funeral